DMCA & Copyright
About DCMA & Copyright / Copyright Infringement
DMCA stands for Digital Millennium Copyright Act and is normally only applicable to US based businesses in the UK it is referred to as a copyright infringement claim in the UK. SuperFastPOD are a global business and our clients & customers sell globally we recognize the DMCA act and follow the procedures set out in that act.
All our customers when uploading images to our servers acknowledge and agree that they have the rights to use the design they are uploading but if you believe that any design, we are producing infringes your IP then you must file a takedown notice with us.
This is the procedure for filing a takedown notice:
You must provide us with:
• Electronic or physical signature of the copyrighted work owner (or authorized person)
• A description of the copyrighted work, including the URL where this infringing content is available or a copy of it
• Your contact details: email address, telephone and address
• A statement in “good faith belief” that the work is not authorized by the copyright owner
• A statement by you, person who sends the take down notice, that the information you send in the notice (above information) is accurate and that you are either the copyright owner or you are authorized to act on copyright owner’s behalf
It should look like this example:
I am the copyright owner of the (Insert name & description of the design) being infringed at http://www. (Insert web address here list multiple links if required)
This letter is official notification under the provisions of Section 512(c) of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) to effect removal of the above-reported infringements. I request that you immediately remove the products & design which is identified by its Web address above. Please be advised that law requires you, as a cloud service provider, to “expeditiously remove or disable access to” the infringing material upon receiving this notice.
Non-compliance may result in a loss of immunity for liability under the DMCA.
I have a good faith belief that use of the designs I am complaining about are not authorize by me, the copyright holder, or the law. The information provided here is accurate to the best of my knowledge. I swear under penalty of perjury that I am the copyright holder.
Please send to me at the address noted below a prompt response indicating the actions you have taken to resolve this matter.